Filipino uses Internet not for Business bu for Games and Social Networking

The image “http://www.wvwnews.net/images/teaser/internet.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

Internet usage in the Philippines is on the increase but rarely for doing business online -- most people are using the web for social networking or to play games, according to a survey Thursday

It is the first time such a survey has been conducted in the Philippines, where only around 20 million people -- 22 percent of the country's 90 million population -- have access to the Internet.

The survey by Yahoo! and consumer information group Nielsen found that most of those going online are between 10 and 29 and are educated and techno-savvy.

It showed that 53 percent of Internet users play online games, and only 24 percent read the news online.

In stark contrast, "online transactions or commerce remain low," with only three percent conducting banking activities or making purchases online.

Nielsen executive director Jay Bautista said internet users are forecast to increase by at least 10 percent this year.

However, he said the global economic downturn, which has softened economies around the world, would likely "flatten or bring down ad spending" just as it did during the 1997 Asian financial crisis.

The survey was carried out from October to November last year and covered some 1,200 people across the Southeast Asian archipelago.


The image “http://i2.ebayimg.com/04/i/001/36/db/8849_1.JPG” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

Manny Pacquiao, the Filipino boxing icon, yesterday ended all the anxiety when he decided to stick it out with Solar Sports and honor a valid, binding and legal contract that covers the local television rights for his May 2 fight with Ricky Hatton and all his future fights until 2011.

Solar Sports came out with a statement saying everything’s okay between them and Pacquiao who announced last Wednesday that he has rescinded their contract and that he has decided to switch back to ABS-CBN as his official media partner.

But Pacquiao had a change of heart.

“After a thorough study and weighing of things, it was proven that my contract with Solar Sports is valid and binding and was not violated by anyone,” said Pacquiao in his own statement read by his lawyer, Franklin Gacal.

“I whole-heartedly apologize for all the confusion on where my coming fight against Ricky Hatton would be shown (in the Philippines). It was a result of miscommunication between Solar Sports and MP Promotions,” added his statement that was read in Filipino.

“Solar Entertainment Corporation, Manny Pacquiao and MP Promotions, are happy to announce that in the spirit of utmost good faith, the parties have favorably resolved their unfortunate misunderstanding,” the Solar Sports statement said.

“Manny and MP Promotions have agreed to honor the television rights agreement and fully comply with the terms and conditions therein. Accordingly, MP Promotions and Manny Pacquiao have withdrawn in writing their rescission letter dated March 17th, 2009.”

Solar Sports president Wilson Tieng and chief operarting officer Peter Chanliong flew to Los Angeles the other night, and met boxing’s biggest star in his posh La Palazzo apartment Friday (LA time) to thresh our their problems.

“We are happy that now he can concentrate on preparing for his fight with Ricky Hatton on May 3 (Manila time) to be shown on GMA-7 and Solar Sports. Preparation for the fight should be his priority,” the Solar statement added.

Bye Master Rapper

A Farewell to the Master Rapper
Francis "kiko" Magalona

Surprisingly when me an my family were watching our favorite noon time show
"eat bulaga" an unexpected announcement was held by their hosts Vic Sotto and the other dabarkads
Francis M had passed away 12 noon of March 6 2009

Francis M is a legend in music Industry

Multi-awarded Filipino rap icon Francis Magalona has passed away at the Medical City in Mandaluyong around noon today. He was 44.

According to TV reports, this was announced by actor Vic Sotto in the noontime variety show Eat Bulaga, where Magalona used to be one of the hosts.

Magalona, considered as a major pillar of rap music in the country, was diagnosed with leukemia in August 2008. He is survived by his wife Pia Arroyo and children Unna, Nicolo, Francis Jr., Elmo, Arkin, Clara, and actresses Maxene and Saab.


Newer Posts Older Posts Home

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds